Sunday, November 22, 2015

Sinisa Mihajlovic : We knew Juventus would come out strong

Tweet Football-Sinisa Mihajlovic The post-match interviews from Saturday night's round 13 Serie A clash in Turin with Juventus

AC Milan
AC Milan
Serie A - : SINISA MIHAJLOVIC (press conference)
"We knew Juventus would come out strong after the break and push forwards, and I think we did well in defence, but at the other end we didn’t create enough chances. When they broke the deadlock, there was a reaction from us, but time was running out and we weren’t able to create any real danger. We must improve on this aspect. However, I fielded a very attacking line-up and when we have a full squad available we will analyse whether to change the formation. In the past 5 matches though the 4-3-3 formation has brought us consistent results and we have done well. We have players with character in the team, but tonight we made far too many mistakes with our passing when trying to launch attacks."

M'BAYE NIANG
"We were missing something today in the final third. We lost the match, but we have to put it behind us and focus on winning the next one versus Sampdoria. We have to keep on working and take to the field next Saturday with the desire and motivation to win.
My fitness is improving with each training session, but I have to keep on training because after a lengthy injury I am still working towards peak fitness so I can give my best in matches.
I enjoy playing in a 4-3-3 formation, but if we do switch to a 4-4-2, the coach will decide where is best to play me: I will keep on working hard for the team regardless."

ALEX
"Juventus only had one chance and they took it. We will have to be more attentive in the future. The objective is to always defend well and make life hard for our opponents on the counter-attack. We did well at the back tonight, but we were unable to score a goal.
I am certain that we can get back on track right away. We lost at a tough ground today and we need to give a strong response in the next match.
In the past 5 or 6 matches we have performed well in defence and conceded very few goals. This is important as a team is built from the back. We need to make improvements however when we’re in possession and be more dangerous in attack.
Donnarumma is brilliant. He’s only 16, but I think he’s excellent. I hope he can keep this up. We have to put in an improved display versus Sampdoria and go for the win." 

Source : acmilan.com

No comments:

Post a Comment